Skip to content

Adobe Captivate

Adobe Captivate 

Welcome to the Adobe Captivate feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Captivate team via this UserVoice page.  

Please follow below steps while posting your enhancements & bugs

• Type your enhancements/bugs into the search field or choose from the categories in the sidebar.
  • Check if enhancements or bugs submitted by others / upvote if you find similar to yours.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • Upvote the ideas if you like.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right, to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7 results found

1. Animation Bug.

There is a Bug with animations where only the first animation will work as designed and all other animations will just 'appear'. Animations will only work if they are all designed to start at once at the beginning of the timeline. Video example: https://www.loom.com/share/1051d5ae89fe4300ac216b03d343d522?sid=e1a84e82-0703-4ba8-8a4e-9a7eb12a50c3

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Fix Buggy Animations

On an SVG object, I chose to apply an exit animation going to the right. It played correctly when scrubbing through the timeline and when clicking Test. When I previewed in the browser, the object slides off to the left (the opposite direction).
    I also applied an entrance animation to three SVG objects. I used the scale in option and I adjusted them to scale in one at a time on the timeline. This played as anticipated in the timeline. When I previewed in the browser, only the first two scaled in. The third popped in without animation.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Typewriter bugs

When applying an Entrance Typewriter animation on more than one text in a slide, and the texts are staggered on the timeline, only the first animation will appear. Sometimes it will only appear if the first text starts from the first frame. If you delete the animation on the first text, and keep it on the second text which appears later the animation never plays. It is a rather inconsistent bug, which I explored with multiple slides, Text Blocks and Media Blocks containing text components.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Importing OAMs

Due to the 'renewed' terminology the word Animation is now used for the former Effects. However you'll never have the power of real animation tools in Captivate. I used to import OAMs created in Animate, and animated GIFs created either in Photoshop or in Animate. Please give use that feature back!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. animation triggered by the scroll position

Like in Elementor, it would be nice to have an animation triggerd by the scoll position. It would help keep the learners engage.

Reference: https://elementor.com/academy/how-to-add-scrolling-effects-to-your-website/

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Animation on a block

It would be a time saver to be able to add an animation to a block. For now, only components of a block can have animation.

For example, if a block have a background, the block can't be animated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Correct flicker when using effects.

Currently when you apply an entrance effect (ie. EaseIn Left or EaseIn Right) to an object in Adobe Captivate the object displays in the final position for a split second before beginning the effect.
    The desired outcome is to not see the object until the effect begins to fade the object in. If the effect begins at the 0 second mark on the timeline and the effect fades and eases in left, you shouldn't see it until it begins to fade in.
    This issue occurs when viewing the project in HTML 5.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base