Adobe Captivate
Adobe Captivate
Welcome to the Adobe Captivate feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Captivate team via this UserVoice page.
Please follow below steps while posting your enhancements & bugs
- Type your enhancements/bugs into the search field or choose from the categories in the sidebar.
- Check if enhancements or bugs submitted by others / upvote if you find similar to yours.
- If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
- Upvote the ideas if you like.
The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback
UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right, to use feedback you provide without restrictions.
1012 results found
-
Resize hotspots in new Captivate
Ability to resize hotspots is essential for hotspot widget as hotspot sizes will vary depending on the image being used in the widget. So, please add the feature to the new Captivate version.
Thank you!
52 votesAvailable with 12.4.
-
add layering text on top of images and images on top of text.
I wanted to layer text on top of an image but for the text be more formatted to the right of the image. Even with the workaround and padding, I cannot get my text to the far right of the image.
1 vote -
allow width of photo v. text to be adjusted in Drap and Drop interaction
In Drag and drop widget, cannot adjust width of photo vs. text box . Would like to be able to make text larger with a smaller image, but boxes are fixed.
2 votes -
CSV import - numerical character issue
Can't import CSV files if any of the cells START with numerical characters. In order for the import to work, I have to add alphabetical characters in front of the numerical ones. I then have to go clean up the quiz questions in Captivate and remove those letters. It's time consuming and allows for unnecessary errors.
1 vote -
Simulation
I notice that in software simulations, if you have a highlight box in the same spot as a click box, it prevents the click box from being clicked.
Also really missing the ability to hide slides in the filmstrip, the audio panel, as well as the library.
1 vote -
to add Shapes. media , graphicss and aligned it manually like we can do it on Adobe Classic.
to add Shapes. media , graphicss and aligned it manually like we can do it on Adobe Classic.
12 votes -
Increase number of pages allowed in carousel widget
I would like to be able to add more than 6 pages/items to the carousel widget. I understand that the tabs and flip cards widgets are limited due to the required space to display the tabs/cards, but the carousel does not have the same limitation.
For example, we have a training with 8 core principles that would be great for learners to click through each principle via the carousel, but I cannot use this interaction currently due to the limit of 6.
Having a maximum of 10 or 12 seems more appropriate and flexible. Or if possible, do not set…
9 votes -
why can't we customize the Certificate. why we have to select from the template in widget only?
To create or design our own certificate.
2 votes -
Add ability to add additional text block to image block.
Currently you can only have a caption and subtitle on the image block. It would be helpful to be able to insert additional text blocks. This would allow for you to do things like adjust the timing of each text block for bullets with audio narration.
42 votes -
Insert Powerpoint Slides
I wish that you could simply insert powerpoint slides again. That has made things so much easier.
2 votes -
Video in the background during quiz question
I would like to run a video in the background without it being interrupted when a quiz overlay takes place. I would like the video to simply continue running uninterrupted while the quiz question appears. I think this was possible in the 2019 version. not now. please very important!!!
2 votes -
audio file with playbar options
It would be good to be able to add audio files in the way you do video, with play and pause functionality
2 votes -
allow placement of carousel widget next to text box
I need the carousel to be next to text, not above or below. Images need to be viewed at the same time as the text is being read (not the same text as the figure caption). I also need much more images than the limited 6 (at least 15).
3 votes -
Center (text) elements vertically
I miss centering text elements vertically, especially text boxes.
40 votes -
Revisit button functions on results slides
After the recent Captivate update, buttons on the results page are not behaving as expected. If users get to the page and choose to review their quiz and then get back to the results page, the continue button no longer performs its action. Another thing that I noticed that I hadn't before, if a user fails their quiz it might be helpful to only provide the review button after their final attempt. If users select the review button before they retake the quiz, the retake button disappears on revisit to the results page. On one hand this is good to…
2 votes -
Tabs/buttons initial state
Maybe I'm missing something, but I am not able to initially set the first (or any) tab to "selected". In preview or published, it shows the content of the first tab, but there's no indication what tab it belongs to.
This goes for regular buttons as well - how can I set the initial state to something other than default?
1 vote -
Recording from within a project should have all three options for recording.
Currently recording simulation from within a project gives you radio buttons, therefore you can not record the demo, training, and assessment at the same time. This is useful if you have build up some knowledge slides then you wanted to add a software simulation as a demo and training for example.
3 votes -
Add a pause button option
Please add the ability to easily add a PLAY/PAUSE button option in variables or slide interactions AND add the option into the TOC. The reason I am asking for BOTH options is that when I have a course that requires learners to view all slides, I need to turn off TOC because it currently allows learners to skip ahead/bypass slides so I need the ability to easily create a button/action allowing learners to pause play on any individual slide. (If I am missing something or there is an easy way to create the button/action - please share!)
1 vote -
Ability to drag the audio in and have a library you can reference it from
Not being able to import multiple slides of audio at once is really slowing our processes down. Please bring back the ability to import more than one file at once and to have a library where they can all be viewed at so that we can get rid of any extras that we don't need to decrease file sizes.
31 votes -
Open URL or File Incompatible with Share for Review
When I have buttons that open a PDF file using the Open URL or File action, my PDF isn't published with Share for Review. This adds steps to my Share for Review workflow that I prefer I would not have to do.
1 vote
- Don't see your idea?