Adobe Captivate
Adobe Captivate
Welcome to the Adobe Captivate feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Captivate team via this UserVoice page.
Please follow below steps while posting your enhancements & bugs
- Type your enhancements/bugs into the search field or choose from the categories in the sidebar.
- Check if enhancements or bugs submitted by others / upvote if you find similar to yours.
- If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
- Upvote the ideas if you like.
The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback
UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right, to use feedback you provide without restrictions.
1011 results found
-
classic import not working. Spinning circle when selected to import Classic into new
From update 13.1 the import classic presentations into the new captive just sits there spinning and never gives me the option to select a classic file to import
7 votes -
Custom Completion Certificate Filename
It would be helpful to have the ability to set a custom download name for the certificate file instead of using the default “Captivate Certificate.” Many users aren’t tech‑savvy, and renaming downloaded files can be challenging. Allowing authors to define a filename that matches the course title would make the process much more user‑friendly.
3 votes -
Bug - Application freezes when choosing a different folder for system image.
When selecting a system image, if the file explorer opens in an incorrect folder, the application freezes and becomes unresponsive. The application must then be force-closed using the system Task Manager
4 votes -
vertical alignment option within image grid block
Tu mensaje original se entiende, pero contiene varios errores de gramática y ortografía en inglés (whiles, probles, longs, unalignded), y conviene estructurarlo con terminología técnica estándar (como min-height, flexbox alignment o equalize card heights) para que el equipo de producto de Adobe entienda exactamente el requerimiento de maquetación.
Opción clara y directa (recomendada para formularios de feedback o foros):
…"I'm working with Image Grid blocks, which are great for presenting visual information with concise copy. However, when text elements (like card titles or body descriptions) have varying lengths, it causes vertical misalignment across adjacent cards. Because there is currently no2 votes -
Share for review does not run Javascripts
The Share for Review does not run simple javascripts. This does not able my clients to review the full capabilities of modules created in Captivate.
2 votes -
I need to know how to import a Classic Captivate file
I am able to select a PPT file for import. But, when I choose to import a Classic Captivate file, I receive a beta message and then click Continue. Next I just receive a Captivate Classic Import (Beta) message that is spooling. I don't ever receive the window to select a file to import. Please help! My Captivate version is 13.1.1.200
3 votes -
remove arbitrary limits to number of elements inside of each widget.
If i want to have 7, 10, 20, or however many hotspots, flip cards, tabs, timeline elements, whatever. I should be able to do that. Remove the numerical limit to how many elements a user can display per widget.
2 votes -
Update Custom Objects to Button State for Screen Readers or provide option
Is it possible to include an Accessibility feature that will allow any object that is customized to be used as a button to display as a button to screen readers. This should be automatically done or an option provided to change it to button in the Accessibility Inspector. When a screen reader reads the screen, it identifies every button that is on the screen so the user understands how to navigate it. A screen reader user reported that objects that have are used as buttons do not read as buttons to the screen reader thus are not accessible.
1 vote -
MultiSco Packager for New Captivate 13.2
for New Captivate 13.2 and beyond. Bring back the Adobe MultiSco Packager. CpC had a multico packager that gave us the ability to package multiple scorm packages into 1 package. This allowed for seamless progression between separately developed eLearning projects. This would be helpful for LMS's struggle with large (350 mb+) SCORM packages.
1 vote -
View multiple projects in tabs, not multiple windows
It seems so simple to have carried this over from Captivate Classic, but can we have multiple projects appear in one windows with tabs to switch among them? Currently, every project I open/create has its own Cp window that opens that I have to toggle through which is time-consuming and frustrating. You can't really tell what projects are by thumbnail. I would like this feature please. See image of how multiple open projects appear in classic.
1 vote -
Add guidelines for alignment and arrow keys for moving objects
I would like the guidelines to appear when I move objects/text so I can ensure I'm aligning them exactly where I want them. I understand that this was probably left out because of the default responsive projects, but in Classic I can move things around and guidelines will appear to ensure I'm aligning properly against my other elements. Further, in Classic, I can nudge items x and y using keyboard arrows. This gave me ultra precision. Then, the guideline would appear once I'd aligned one object with another. I don't want to keep fussing with manual x and y values
1 vote -
Add Licensing section in Preferences
It would be great if you had a Licensing section in preferences for the purpose of helping Captivate developers license and manage the use of their modules for other organizations.
Within the LIcensing section there would be an Expiration date (month, day, and year), such that when the date would be reached (system date equal to or greater than the Expiration date), the module would jump to a developer specified slide in the module.. This would allow the developer to provide information for renewal of the license. This would make it easier to license modules to other organizations for their…
1 vote -
Fix the closed captioning button on the playbar
On slides containing videos with captions, the closed captioning button on the playbar grays out and users cannot turn the captions on or off. However, the button works normally on slides that contain only narration with captions and not videos. For more context, imagine slide 1 contains narration with captions (no video), and a user clicks the CC button to turn the captions on. The user then goes to slide 2, where there’s a video with captions. Those captions also appear, but the user cannot turn them off because the CC button is grayed out. Any assistance you could offer…
4 votes -
4 votes
-
Please upgrade the software, not downgrading it
Long story short, I haven't used Captivate for a while since moving to a new team and was telling my boss how awesome Captivate is and we can use it to help the team be more productive.
The awesomeness being I can create a simulation then export it onto multiple different formats e.g. storyboard, user guide, quick reference guide, PowerPoint slides, MP4 video, etc. But guess what - ALL THESE FUNCTIONALITIES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
Why on earth would you downgrade a software? Now it is essentially useless for me until we can get all these features back. Can we…
2 votes -
Padding should only impact one object at a time
If i click on an object and then grab the edge of the container to drag it as a way to reduce or increase padding, it changes the padding for both the object selected and the object either above or below. This is insane and leads to absurd amounts of wasted time. If i click on an object and i drag the edge modify the padding, it should only impact the selected object. Fix your poorly designed craptivate program.
1 vote -
Export slides to PDF
Please add a function that allows a Captivate project to be exported to PDF. Articulate does this and it is very helpful for leverating generative AI for grammar and spell checks.
3 votes -
Bug: Trying to upload a png to an icon using file name/path causes application to crash.
If you go to select an icon from your local system and type in the filename you want (in my case a PNG), the program crashes.
2 votes -
Alignment panel does not have any alignment options.
As the title says, the alignment and spacing panel does not actually show any alignment options. It only gives padding options.
2 votes -
Hotspots should have a "Close" or "X" button
Hotspots should have a "Close" or "X" button to allow closing the overlay box, instead of having to click on the hotspot again to continue navigating, especially when the overlay falls on the top of another hotspot. Clicking again on the hotspot to close it is not intuitive.
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?